Violet yam root powder also called purple taro, Ube or waterbread root powder (biol. Colocasia esculenta). In Asia and Africa the roots (plant family Araceae) are an important food in particular.
Purple/violet Taro or Ube is the violet sister of the better known white taro or yam root. It tastes slightly nutty and is suitable for a healthy and colorful cuisine.
The purple Taro tuber is powdered – without any additives such as preservatives or colorants and is rich in provitamin A. It also contains vitamin C, starch and protein.
The harvest is done by hand. The shelf life of the powder in the aroma protection bag is many times longer than from fresh roots.
The purple taro powder is very effective and easy to use.
- Packaging: The powder is supplied in a resealable aroma protective bag.
- Ingredients: 100% pure violet taro roots
- Country of Origin: China | Processed in: Germany
- Shelf life: 24 months from production
- Storage Instructions: Dry, Cool & Dark Conditions airtight
- Dietary & Allergy Info: Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan | Natural | GMO Free
- Net Weight: 2.65oz / 75g
- Nutrition Information: see below
- Distributed by: Fluxias GmbH, 88263 Horgenzell, Germany
Picture credit above: Rhian’s Recipes – here is the link to her blog: rhiansrecipes
She makes easy, vegan and gluten-free recipes, including healthy comfort foods and naturally sweetened desserts using plant-based ingredients.